
Artist: Tom Milsom
Song: Why I Shouldn't Have Let You In
I decided to review this song because I hammered Tom a few months ago. At his request I will review “Why I Shouldn’t Have Let You In”. Sometimes people read a review of a song and feel I am attacking the musician…and they are right!
I can confidently say that I would not purchase a Tom Milsom album. With that confidently said, this song is catchy and well done, and a little rare (can I get a rim shot?). Tom can work a uke like Sparky can a magic piano. This is a very strategically arranged song and the lyrics are superlative. There can be no doubt that Tom is talented and a crack better than most youtubing original artists. If the band “Space” is looking for some new material, they oughts to get in contact with Tom. This song would sell an ipod in England faster than you can say “The redcoats are coming!” While that sounds like a compliment, if you have heard the swill that plays during an ipod commercial you’d rethink it.
So what am I saying here?..congrats Tom, you don’t suck. This song is fun and the lyrics are jaunty. Is it the stuff that makes one a legend? If by legend you mean worth listening to while a caper scene of landlord chasing tenant and ensuing bobbies through hallways at 1.5 reel speed screens on your telly then my answer is a previously equaled in confident-ness “YES!”
I can confidently say that I would not purchase a Tom Milsom album. With that confidently said, this song is catchy and well done, and a little rare (can I get a rim shot?). Tom can work a uke like Sparky can a magic piano. This is a very strategically arranged song and the lyrics are superlative. There can be no doubt that Tom is talented and a crack better than most youtubing original artists. If the band “Space” is looking for some new material, they oughts to get in contact with Tom. This song would sell an ipod in England faster than you can say “The redcoats are coming!” While that sounds like a compliment, if you have heard the swill that plays during an ipod commercial you’d rethink it.
So what am I saying here?..congrats Tom, you don’t suck. This song is fun and the lyrics are jaunty. Is it the stuff that makes one a legend? If by legend you mean worth listening to while a caper scene of landlord chasing tenant and ensuing bobbies through hallways at 1.5 reel speed screens on your telly then my answer is a previously equaled in confident-ness “YES!”
Here is the song:
Professor Hill gives this song: B+
No comments:
Post a Comment
Agree...Disagree...Want Professor Hill to review a song?